How the Klaus Team is Adapting to COVID-19
In this unprecedented time and amidst this ever-evolving situation, we are committed to the health and safety of our agents, staff, clients, and communities. While the COVID-19 Pandemic has disrupted many facets of life and commerce, it has yet to grind the economy to a complete halt.
We have outlined recommendations to our agents and staff on hygiene, social distancing, and guidelines under which one should seek medical care. Our stated mission is to empower people to make the best real estate decisions possible.
As of press time, we continue to empower our customers as they make real estate decisions to sell homes, buy homes, and build homes. It is our intention to continue having this avenue open to our customers. Closings are still taking place, albeit without the customary handshake at the end.
We wanted to take a moment to communicate the current state of the market, share the opinions of experts, and let you know how we have responded to this change.
We want to assure you that buyers are still out in the market shopping for homes, especially with historically low interest rates.
For our selling clients, we are asking that they take basic precautions:
- Leave interior doors open when possible so buyers don’t have to use door handles.
- Try to wipe down surfaces and handles after showings with Lysol type disinfectant.
- Please let us know if someone in your household is ill and would prevent you from showing your home.
- We are advising our clients to discontinue open houses for the moment. A controlled scheduled showing is the best way to provide showings to your home at the moment.
- Possibly provide hand sanitizer at the entrance of your home.
We are asking that potential buyers not view the property if they or their agent are experiencing any symptoms.
If our buyers choose not to go out and look at homes, we are able to provide showings online via videocalls.
We have worked with title companies to allow our agents to accompany you at signing via videoconferencing so that only signers are present, and we can help with mobile notaries as well.
Whenever possible, we are using digital signatures for documents.
We value your business and we hope that this unfortunate global situation finds resolution. In the two decades that I have been practicing real estate, we have dealt with a number of health related concerns in our nation and I am confident that our industry will remain strong.