How the Klaus Team is Adapting to COVID-19
In this unprecedented time and amidst this ever-evolving situation, we are committed to the health and safety of our agents, staff, clients, and communities. While the COVID-19 Pandemic has disrupted many facets of life and commerce, it has yet to grind the economy to a complete halt.
On March 30, 2020, Governor Ducey issued a “Stay at Home Order” for Arizona residents. Previously, in his Executive Order 2020-12, he declared real estate as an essential service. We continue to serve our clients, but have enacted responsible social distancing and sanitation guidelines for our team.
We continue to empower our customers as they make real estate decisions to sell homes, buy homes, and build homes. It is our intention to continue having this avenue open to our customers. Closings are still taking place, and we are committed to serving and protecting our clients in these very important matters.
For our selling clients, we are asking that they take basic precautions:
- Leave interior doors open when possible so buyers don’t have to use door handles.
- Try to wipe down surfaces and handles after showings with Lysol type disinfectant.
- Utilize booties to cover their shoes.
- Please let us know if someone in your household is ill and would prevent you from showing your home.
- We are advising our clients to discontinue open houses for the moment. A controlled scheduled showing is the best way to provide showings to your home at the moment.
- Possibly provide hand sanitizer at the entrance of your home.
We are asking that potential buyers not view the property if they or their agent are experiencing any symptoms.
If our buyers choose not to physically look at homes, we are able to provide showings online via videoconferencing tools.
We have worked with title companies to allow our agents to accompany you at signing via videoconferencing so that only signers are present, and we can help with mobile notaries as well.
Whenever possible, we are using digital signatures for documents.
Our transaction managers and other staff are working with social distancing in place. We have extremely limited face-to-face interaction and utilize online resources and communication tools for the majority of our team communication.
We value your business and we hope that this unfortunate global situation finds resolution. In the two decades that we have been practicing real estate, we have dealt with a number of health related concerns in our nation and we strive to continue to provide a high level of service, even if we do it in new ways in the months ahead.