The Smart Way to Buy Before You Sell
With a Knock Home Swap™ from the Klaus Team, you get the certainty of buying the new home you want first and then selling your old one.
How It Works
Unlike traditional home sales, where you can miss out on your dream home while waiting for your current house to sell, the Knock Home Swap gets you into your new home first:
1. Get Preapproved.
We’ll get you fully underwritten for a new home loan including down payment advance so you can start making offers fast.
2. Buy Your New Home First
Put down a winning offer on your dream home and move in right away. You only pay your new mortgage while we cover your old one.
3. Then Sell Your Old House
We’ll pre-pay up to $25K to get your old house ready for listing on the open market so it sells fast for top dollar. And then the process is complete!
Why swap your home with the Klaus Team?
- Buy a new home without having to sell the old one first, or at the same time.
- Live conveniently in your new home while prepping your old one for sale.
- Close on a new house in half the time (or less) of a typical financed offer.
- Start making offers on homes with your fully pre-approved mortgage.
- Win your dream home with a competitive, non-contingent offer.
- Pay only one mortgage at a time, and never worry about hidden fees.
- Move only once, and save on rent, closing costs, and use our free moving truck!
- Maximize your home equity by selling your listing for full market value.
- Sell for top dollar with up to $25,000 in home prep costs covered upfront.
The Klaus Team vs. Other Options
The Klaus Team assists with the entire buying and selling process, from helping you find and finance a new home, to covering home prep costs so you can sell your old house for the best price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question not listed here? Give us a call at 480.354.7344.
How much does it cost?
With Knock, you purchase your new home before you sell your old house. When you close on your new home, you’ll pay a 1.25% convenience fee (unless you opt to roll this into your mortgage) in addition to regular closing costs. Typically, closing costs include but are not limited to: attorney and escrow fees, lender fees, taxes, insurance, title. You will also pay real estate commissions which will be determined by you and your agent.
When your listing sells, you’ll simply pay Knock back for monies we advanced to you during the Home Swap Process, such as:
- Old mortgage payments covered for up to 6 months
- Any home preparation costs Knock advanced on your behalf
- Down payment assistance provided on your new home
How does the Klaus Team Knock Home Swap Work?
With the Knock Home Swap, we provide you the resources necessary to seamlessly buy your new home and sell your old one. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll get you fully underwritten for a new home loan including down payment advance so you can start making offers fast.
- Put down a winning offer on your dream home and move in right away. You only pay your new mortgage while we cover your old one.
- We’ll advance up to $25,000 to get your old house ready for listing on the open market so it sells fast and for top dollar—it’s that simple!
Do I have two mortgage payments?
With Knock, you only have one mortgage payment. You’ll pay the mortgage on your new home, immediately building equity, while Knock helps cover your monthly mortgage payments on your old house, as agreed to in your contracts.
What happens if my house doesn’t sell in 6 months?
Before you buy your new house, Knock will issue a backup offer on your old house that goes into effect after 6 months, so you can rest easy knowing that you are covered—no matter what.
How does the mortgage pre-approval process work?
At Knock, we pre-approve our clients through underwriting prior to finding their new home. This allows us to close faster than traditional mortgage lenders. We’ll review the financial information you share with us to let you know exactly how much house you can afford. Most lenders wait to do this until your new house is under contract; Knock does it in advance to give you more buying power so there aren’t any special conditions attached to your offer.